One of the food items I was so worried to give up starting Keto was rice. Finding a rice substitute didn’t cross my mind until weeks later. Hallelujah for cauliflower rice! This Mexican Keto Rice Bowl hit the spot and was so delicious. A guilt-free and healthy keto meal. Start with a perfectly marinated steak, lime-cilnatro keto “rice,” pico de gallo, spinach, lettuce, jack cheese, and guacamole! Ole Keto!
I got the idea when my husband went to go get himself a burrito, and a burrito bowl came to mind. I was surprised I had not thought to create a keto burrito bowl before. A lovely marinated steak on the grill, with fresh pico & guac, shredded jack cheese on a bed of spinach and lettuce sounded beyond perfection. The only thing I had to do was whip it up. I always make extra to cook once and feast many times!
Try the Keto Tortilla Chips too! Ridiculously goood.
Mexican Keto Steak
This marinade is so fast and delicious that the flavor it adds to steak for a Mexican dish makes it better than restaurant dishes in the comfort in your own home. Perfect for a low carb high fat Keto diet. Pair with Keto Cauliflower Cilantro-Lime “Rice,” spinach, lettuce, Pico de Gallo, shredded jack cheese, and Guacamole. Ole Keto!
4 lbs steak, portioned into 3-5 oz servings
1/2 red onion
2 T minced garlic
2 T chili powder
1/4 Olive Oil
2 T cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 T pink Himalayan salt
I lime, juiced
1/4 ACV (apple cider vinegar)
1) Set your steak out as you make the marinade to bring up to room temperature.
2) Add the remaining ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Add water one tablespoon at a time if needed.
3) Place the steak in a bowl or zip lock bag. Pour in the marinade, and set for at least 30 minutes.
4) To grill: heat the grill to 450 to 500 degrees F. Grill 2-3 minutes per side, up to 4 minutes for a thicker steak.
On the stove: heat a skillet to med-high heat. Add 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter, and sear both sides of the steak 2-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired wellness.
5) Take the steak off the heat, and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. FOr a Beef Burrito Bowl, cut the steak into bite size cubes. Enjoy!
Keto Cauliflower Cilnatro-Lime “Rice”
With less than 4 g of carbs per serving, and no rise time, this delicious pizza crust is so fast, easy, and satisfying. Top with your favorite keto approved sauce and toppings. Bake once, and use for multiple keto meals. Add a large leafy greens salad, and you have a balanced healthy keto meal with no guilt. Half the recipe for a smaller pizza.
4 c grated cauliflower
1 lime, juiced
2 T butter
2 T chopped cilantro
1) Grate the cauliflower. To grate the cauliflower quickly and easily, use a food processor with a grating attachment.
2) Heat a pan on the stove on medium heat.
3) Melt the butter, add the cauliflower, and the lime juice. Saute on medium heat, and cover to steam for 5 min. Stir and steam until the preferred texture is reached.
4) Season with pink Himalayan salt to taste.
5) Serve immediately. Store in an air tight container in the fridge, or freeze for future meals.